In this first episode of the series, Angel and Stephanie interview the Creative Mastermind of Reactuate Games, Ron Davis. We discuss the future of drug testing in professional gaming, how other mediums influenced Reactuate’s strategy-based game, Guardian, and the real definition of “gamer.”
Links to References:
- “Professional Videogaming has Doping Scandals, Too” by Nick Stockton.
- “The Monkeys Thought ‘Twas All in Fun” by Orson Scott Card
- Ready Player One – Read about this in Ron’s post on 7 books that influenced our game.
- Borderlands / Borderlands 2
- Saint’s Row
- The Liaden Universe by Steve Miller and Sharon Lee
- Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein
- Street Fighter by Capcom
- God of War by Santa Monica Studio